Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Labrador - Mary

Not a football article, but wanted to take a minute to make excuses for not blogging as much as I should. Have been traveling and evaluating high school talent. Have visited five college football practices. Have been to a Brown's practice. Have just spent a weekend with my father-in-law and his wife in Syracuse. Most importantly of all, have been dealing with illness of my 11 and 1/2 years old yellow labrador.

Mary has cushings disease. She craves water and can control her bladder. Went off her medication two weeks ago. Pills to keep her going are astronomical in price. NO cure. Just made an appointment for today to have put to sleep. My vet told me to bring her in, when she still waggles her tail. Last night she could barely walk. She walked a little better this morning, but she wagged her tail. I really believe in the "quality of life." Taking her to the vet about 2:00this afternoon.

Back on the football side, heading to Canton Glen Oak tonight. Looking forward to watching Akron Firestone and Glen Oak do battle. On to the Crosstown Showdown this weekend.

Finally, the movie "Marley and Me" is fantastic. Needless to say, a movie "Mary and Me" would be just as good, but I am going to stay with scouting and evaluating high school football players. Ron Howard, I am not.

No comments: