Monday, September 16, 2013

Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy - "Two Big Guys"

        Although I was leaving for Syracuse to do some work for my 87 year old  father-in-law on Sunday morning, I really wanted to make the trip to Cincinnati to see two recruits who play for Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy. Plus, I respect the work of head football coach Eric Taylor and enjoy watching him coach.
       Last year I  saw junior Jacob Halter playing on the O-line for CHCA. Long, slender, but athletic. Probably weighed 240, but was 6'5. Really liked his potenial, but he really needed to work in the off season. That he did. Actually came to all three of my combines last March. Now, Jacob is listed 6'6-270. Good feet. Like his pass blocking footwork. Like his aggressiveness. Good lead blocker.  Slides well on pass blocking. Actually could see him moving inside at the next level. Not there yet, but as he continues to work hard this fall and in the off-season, he should be one of the top OL-guys in the Class of 2015. Really like his potential.
       If you have not already read about CHCA's Prince Sammons, you soon will. Prince is playing his first year of football ever as a sophomore. From Nigeria, he is listed 6'8-265 and is as rough as an "unmade bed." Tremendous physical skills. Runs well. Plays DT in a four point stance. Just learning the techniques. Long arms, tremendous frame. Aggressive. Eventually, I could see him coming off the edge and being a  national recruit. Potential is off the charts. Prince has a good story, but I have not talked with at any length. Just remember the name - Prince Sammons.
       Also watched Mark Carrier II, a DB/WR for Cincinnati Indian Hill. Really athletic. Competitive. Good quickness. Needs get bigger/stronger. Listed 5'11-180. Runs well, but needs a better burst and to improve top end speed. Father is NFL player Mark Carrier, now with the Bengals.
        Need to cut some wood and clean the back yard for my father-in-law. While in Syracuse, I plan to stop at the University to do some business. Back to Ohio late Tuesday. I will watch one of the top QB's in 2015 Class on Friday.

No comments: