Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Another Solid QB Prospect - Mitch Guadagni - Hudson

      Last Friday I was able to watch Athens High School quarterback, Joe Burrow, and because of a postponement, I was able to watch Hudson's Mitch Guadagni quarterback Saturday afternoon. I consider Mitch to be one of the top five QB's in the Ohio Class of 2015.
     Mitch has been at my camps and combines, but I first saw him at the Brown's Combine last winter. Much like Joe Borrow, he has worked hard to get stronger and bigger. Listed at 6'2-185, he looks all of that. With his increased strength, his ball gets out faster. Really like his quick release. His foot speed has also improved.
     Mitch has worked over the summer improving his footwork and his release. He keeps his weight distributed well. Good hips. Like his follow through. I like his escapability in the pocket. He has the strength to run inside.
      As I have commented, Mitch has improved size and strength  and his overall QB footwork. He needs to continually improve his QB passing skills. Also needs to read coverage better and understand progression. If he continues to improve in all areas, he has the potential to be one of the top QB's in the Class of 2015.
      Just wanted to mention another QB in the Ohio Class of 2015 who may be included in my top 5 QB prospects. Millbury Lake High School in Northwestern Ohio is experiencing one of their finest seasons in many years. Lake is 4-0 and is led by QB Jared Rettig. Another one of my "camp guys." I wrote about him in a scrimmage. The team is running the ball much more in the spread. Jared still has 9 TD's passing and 3 TD's running. Completing over 65% of his passes.
      The quarterbacks who I have seen so far this season are getting bigger/stronger. The Class of 2015 quarterbacks, by the end of the day, could surprise  college coaches. Their maturity and growth has been a pleasant surprise to me.
     

No comments: