Sunday, June 30, 2013

Two of the Top OL Guys in the Ohio Class of 2015

       Yesterday, I may have seen two of the very best offensive linemen in the Ohio Class of 2015 at the Sims/Cofield Camp at John Carroll University and at Chris Chambers Camp. Nordonia's offensive tackle, Cameron Bell, and Warren Harding's, James Daniels. Both prospects look the part, work hard and possess good skills for so early.
      Had read about Cameron last spring and then received a call from his high school coach. His coach wanted me to evaluate him. Anybody listed at 6'8-340, I just have to check out. Do not know if those are his exact measurments, but close. Huge! After watching him throw the shot and discus, his footwork was of a major concern for me. Bad. But as I watched his video,  pass blocking and his feet were okay. As I watched him yesterday, I believe that he can be a natural left tackle. Footwork much improved. Used his hands for good separation. Liked his lead block technique. Seems to getting more aggressive. Most of all, he is just going into his junior year and is at least 6'7 and 315 pounds. Should be one of the top OL guys in the Class of 2015.
       James Daniels is listed 6'3-250, and may be close to that. Very athletic. Was working out with the linebackers at the Chambers Camp. Natural center. Quick feet. Strong upper body. Excellent work habits. Watched him against Cleveland Heights last yea and he played well. Only a sophomore, but he well against really good competition. Good leverage. Good bender. Can anchor or move the pile. Plays low. Yesterday, I saw alot  athleticism. James should be one of the top OL guys in the Class of 2015.
       Since I am not into the "offer game," I do not know "who" or "how many." What I do know is that Cameron and James are only juniors and have much to work on. However, with that being said, if they continue to work hard and get a little nastier, they will be big time recruits. They are benders and finishers. They seem to have really good character and excellent work habits. Definitely BCS recruits.

No comments: