Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Working on my Ohio Class of 2014

There is always something to do with my scouting service. Now, I am working on list of members of the Ohio Class of 2014. The format is the same as last year's class. No heights, weights, 40's, or GPA's. Those kinds of information are usually so unreliable. Not necessary now. The plan is to get some prospects some recognition.

My blog readers need not respond, because I am just thinking out loud. Just going to list some prospects that hopefully belong on my list. From what I have seen, they should be on my list of 170 players and I hope that I do not omit them.
      1. Marsean Lattimer - Cleveland Glenville - WR. Although he plays both ways, he is a better slot receiver. Excellent athlete. Smart. Explosive. Separates well. Big play guy.
      2. Erick Smith - Cleveland Glenville - DB. Physical. Excellent run stopper. Backpedals. Fast. If he gets bigger may have to move inside.
      3. Sam Hubbard - Cincinnati Moeller - OLB. Tall, big athletic FS. Moves to OLB next level. Closes well. Changes direction for size. Excellent character. Smart.
      4. Kyle Trout - Lancaster - OL. First impressed me at my combine last year. Good punch. Good bender on run blocking. Needs to work on feet in pass protection. Physical.
      5. Vayante Copeland - Dayton Marshall - DB. Special guy. Runs well. Good hips. Explosive runner. Like him more as a possible corner. Needs to continue to improve speed.
      6. Kyle Berger - Cleveland St Ignatius - LB. Runs downhill well. Excellent burst. Finishes plays. Needs to add alot of good weight. Physical.
      7. Dameon Willis - Cleveland St Ignatius - SS/OLB. Very physical. Excellent closing speed. Solid hips. Plays pad under pad. Better than recruiters think.
      8. Parris Campbell - Akron St Vincent-St Marys - ATH. Possible slot receiver. Track fast, but football tough. Excellent burst. Excellent hips. Really young for class. Tons of potential.
      9. Mike Edwards - Cincinnati Winton Woods - DB. Possible corner. Excellent speed. Burst. Physical. Could be a FS. Also excellent punt/KO return guy.
     10. Daryl Long - Westerville South - TE. Really worked in off season. Good speed. Blocks. Will catch over the middle. Could get really big.
     11. Noah Furbush - Kenton - DE - Outstanding at my combine. 6'4-235. Verticaled 35' Ran 4.22/Shuttle. 7.32 L-Cone. Excellent closing speed. Bender.  Physical. Will be known soon.

I hope I can remember to put these names on my list. Back to work.

No comments: