Saturday, February 27, 2010

Football Players on the Hardwood

After getting all of the Ohio Prospect Diectories mailed out and getting all of the promo done on the OHSFCA/MSR Devolopmental Combine c0ompleted, I need some relax time. How better to than to watch some tournament basketball in Worthington. Really looking forward to watching Nick Vannett from Westerville Central.

Vannett will be one, if not the top, TE in Ohio next fall. Solid year, last year, but with strength and weight, should really blossom. Excellent hands. Athletic enough to flex or even move to the slot. Good speed. Could be a DE, but best position is on offense. Veteran coach, John Magistro, has done him well and will continue to make him better.

Also, looking forward to watching Olentangy Orange, and Hilliard Davidson tonight. Always a challenge to get a program and see if I can recognize any football talent that I was not aware of before. Watching b-ball, you get an upclose and personal view. I learn alot about a football prospect who also plays basketball. Of course, I watch prospects play in other sports as much as I can. I will be at the State Indoor Track Meet this March. Always good to see how guys I rank carry themselves in other sports. Naturally I spend time during football season up close and personal along the sidelines. For some reason at 61, it is more fun sitting on a bleacher in a warm building.

Mentioned combine earlier. Yes, I have committed myself to a combine. Try to get something on tmy next blog about my true feelings about combines. From what I have heard, there must be speed, speed, and more speed this fall. A dad told that his son ran a 4.45 last weekend in Cleveland. He went on to say, a prospect ran under 4.4. That is flying, people. I do not think that I have ever seen some high school player run that fast indoors in February. Good job.

Take care. Alex Huextel, from Pick North just text me that he received a verbal frm Toledo. More verbals will be comimg for that young man.

No comments: