Friday, May 31, 2013

MSROHIO Underclassman Showcase Preparation Good

      With just over a week away, the MSROHIO Underclassman Showcase is looking to be in good shape.
      For two years, the Showcase was held at Dublin Scioto. The coaches at Scioto were really helpful. Last year, I wanted to make it more available to young football players by using three separate sites, and by holding two of the Showcaes  during the week. Not a good move on my part.
This year back to one Showcase, and Thomas Worthington High School is hosting the event.
      Pre-registration has been good. Surprisingly, the field of quarterbacks is really good. Some came to my combine and threw for about 35 minutes. Hard to mention names, but I will after the Showcase. Possibly my top three quarterbacks in the Ohio Class of 2015 will be in competing. Part of that early interest could be that Ben Mauk works with my quarterbacks. Not only was he a successful QB on both the high school and college level, he is an excellent teacher.
      All positions have some excellent college prospects in the mix. Some really good young linebackers. Not so sure that the linebacker classes in 2015 and 2016 will be the best in years. Of course, I know that it is early.
      The only real conflict is Ohio State is having its Rising Seniors Camp that day. I was told that O-State coaches would like to have their underclassmen attend their two day Skill and Big Man Camp. They had to change the name this year, but this has always been their two day underclassmen camp. Of course, I have heard that some coaches want some younger prospects go to the senior camp to go against the "big boys." That does not make sense, because at the two day underclassmen camp the 2015 group will bet more individual attention.
      A very good OL prospect will miss because he also plays in an orchestra and will be in Wisconsin. Two young men are going on mission trips. Trust me, what they are doing is more important than an afternoon at the MSROHIO Underclassman Showcase. West Virginia has a senior camp that day, but since they buy my service, I understand.
       No closing on pre-registration. If you have any questions, please go to msrohio.com or contact me.
       As with my combines in March, nothing flashy, no false advertising, and no padded results. Just excellent workers and well organized. The proshuttle will have lines. The 40's will not be 37 yards long. Timing will be done by qualified timers.  Just a promise that a propect's name will get out there and a camper will be treated fairly and honestly.

No comments: